I received product for review. The opinions within this post are of my own and I was not influenced in any way. Please do your own research before purchasing products or using services. Your opinions and results may differ.
Master Lock is kicking off wedding season and National Safety Month by reminding newlyweds of important safety and security precautions to consider as they embark on married life. Saying “I do” is one of the most significant commitments and milestones people experience during their lifetime.
“Getting married is the beginning of a new chapter in couples’ lives,” said Rebecca Smith, vice president, marketing for Master Lock. “Understandably, many couples are focused on the excitement of planning a wedding and don’t always spend time ensuring for a safe and secure future. Master Lock can help newlyweds by offering a variety of reliable tips and products they can trust.”
1. The Registry: Although more than 2 million couples tie the knot each year, 84 percent of U.S. and Canadian residents do not include safety items on their wedding registry.* Adding a durable, long-lasting safe, such as the Sentry Safe FHW40200 Waterproof Fire-Resistant File, to your registry will help ensure your valuables, marriage license and other important belongings are protected and safeguarded for years to come.
2. The Honeymoon: Whether you are traveling to an exotic destination or spending the weekend away, your honeymoon is a celebratory time for you and your spouse. As you pack your sunglasses, sandals and suits, don’t forget to lock up your luggage with a Master Lock 4688D or 4692D TSA-Accepted Luggage Lock to protect your valuables while traveling. Make sure to keep credit cards, cash, jewelry and other small items in the portable Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace personal safe to secure your belongings while you have some fun in the sun.
3. The Home: Buying your dream home and moving in together may be the first time couples combine their belongings. From electronics to jewelry, your home is the place where all of your personal valuables and belongings are located. With a burglary occurring every 15 seconds,** turn your house into a safe haven with added protection and security measures. Beyond customary locks, use a Master Lock 265DCCSEN Door Security Bar to resist forced entry through front, patio or sliding glass doors.
4. The Finances: Filing jointly with your spouse offers many advantages, and with a new marital status comes significant changes that could affect your taxes. Couples who jointly file are able to deduct two exemption amounts from their income and qualify for multiple credits. To keep all your necessary tax documents organized and protected throughout the year, use the Master Lock Vault, a free, digital safe deposit box, to store credit card numbers and digital copies of tax forms or other important documents in a secure, reliable location for easy access from any smart phone or computer.
5. The Commitment: Getting married should be a positive time in your life, and committing to your spouse and relationship is a significant milestone. As in other areas of your life, marriage will be full of ups and downs. Planning for the long-term, discussing your goals, compromising and making sacrifices are all important steps to creating a happy and strong foundation together.
*According to a March 2015 Safety and Security Survey of more than 1,500 U.S. and Canadian residents conducted by Master Lock via SurveyMonkey. **According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
When I'm out and about, there's times I want to keep my valuables locked up tight. I mean, let's face it, it's not always a safe world out there! It's cool to have a safe at home, but it's also nice to have a product that will keep my valuables secure when I'm not home.
The Master Lock Portable Personal Safe is lightweight and ideal for MP3 players, cell phones, cameras, gaming devices, jewelry, and other small valuables. Granted, it doesn't hold large objects, but it does keep small assets protected. Instructions are included, and they are easy to understand. By following the instructions, you can set the combination to the four numbers you want for access. A cable wrapped around the sides can be used to affix the portable safe to a fixed object if desired. The cable also doubles as a carrying handle. A shock absorbing foam interior liner keeps the valuables from being broken if rattled around. The safe is constructed with durable water-resistant materials.
I've started taking this portable personal safe with me when I go on day trips or to events. It usually holds my cash, cell phone, and car keys. Although there's no guarantees in life about safety and security, it helps give me a peace of mind that my valuables are protected.
One person will win a Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace portable personal safe.
*This is a Rafflecopter giveaway open to residents of the USA.*
a Rafflecopter giveaway