World Smile Day is celebrated the first Friday in October. It offers us the opportunity to do an act of kindness, or help a person smile. Although World Smile Day was yesterday, I believe we should make it a point to smile every day.
Here's some of the events and people that have made me smile recently:
1. God - He has truly shown me his presence and goodness. Whether it be the small things or big occasions, God has given me much.
2. Friends - It wasn't until my mother became deeply ill and when I started small groups that I found out who my true friends were. Some people say they'll be there for you, and some actually do it.
3. Unexpected Gifts - Speaking of friends, a dear couple we've known for a couple of years stopped by our house last night to present me and Jason with an anniversary card. As if that wasn't enough, it included reservations to a local upscale hotel for a night's stay in the whirlpool suite. Guess where we're staying Sunday night!
My Trailblazer is good for getting groceries, hauling kids, and going muddin'!
4. My Blazer Back - After two months and $4000+ in repairs, my Trailblazer is out of the shop. AND it's paid off.
5. My Husband - Tomorrow I will be celebrating my 13th wedding anniversary to my husband. He's not perfect, but he's the perfect one for me. Our marriage had a rocky start but, like wine, it gets better with age. He treats me like a queen and spoils me more than I deserve.
6. Remission - My mom went to the doctor Thursday and her cancer is still in remission. She's got a host of other problems, but that ain't one of them.
7. My Kids - I've got six of 'em. You'd think with those odds that at least one would be a hooligan. But, knock on Formica, they're all pretty darn amazing.
8. Ownership - Jason and I are starting the process of home ownership. We talked with the agents today and they said it looks like we'll be able to be first-time home owners within a few months. I may be counting my chickens before they hatch, but the news is promising so far.
Life is good!
What are some things that make you smile?