I received product for review from SentrySafe. The opinions within this post are of my own and I was not influenced in any way. Please do your own research before purchasing products or using services. Your opinions and results may differ.
The Sentry Safe Small Portable Combination safe is lightweight and ideal for MP3 players, cell phones, cameras, gaming devices, jewelry, and other small valuables. Granted, it doesn't hold large objects, but it does keep small assets protected. Instructions are included, and they are easy to understand. By following the instructions, you can set the combination to the three numbers you want for access. It is important to note that there is no override code for the safe, so it's crucial to always know the combination to avoid being locked out.
A tethering cable is included with the safe and can be attached to affix the portable safe to a fixed object if desired. The cable also doubles as a carrying handle. The safe is made with steel construction for durable and reliable protection. The interior is carpeted so that objects inside stay safe and scratchproof.
I've started taking this portable personal safe with me when I go on day trips or to events. It usually holds my cash, cell phone, and car keys. When I don't have the safe on me, my teenage son uses it to store his extra money. Although there's no guarantees in life about safety and security, this safe helps give me a peace of mind that my valuables are protected.
Five security tips from Master Lock for everything worth protecting while vacationing in 2016:
1. Pack Smart and Secure – Avoid over-packing by checking the weather forecast for your destination in advance and packing accordingly. Also, keep your luggage protected with on-the-go security products such as TSA-accepted luggage locks like the Master Lock 4688D or the 4680DBLK. These affordable and reliable solutions keep your valuables protected whether you’re checking bags at the airport while en route to your destination, or upon arrival and storing valuables in your luggage in your hotel room.
2. Prepare for the Unexpected – If you are traveling by car, have your vehicle examined beforehand and stock up on emergency supplies such as blankets, bottled water, snacks, flashlights and jumper cables. Ensure your tires have good tread, are properly inflated and make sure you can locate your spare. Be aware of road conditions before leaving the house and plan accordingly.
3. Tap into Technology – With new apps geared toward travelers, getting to your destination and enjoying your surroundings upon arrival is easier than ever. There are apps that offer real-time travel advice personalized to your exact location, weather conditions and interests along with direction-related apps that offer tips on traffic, road conditions and construction. You can also securely store copies of travel documents, health records and passports through the Master Lock Vault app for convenient 24/7 access.
4. Enjoy the Elements Worry-Free – For less than $30, portable safes like the SentrySafe Small Portable Combination Safe or Master Lock SafeSpace Portable Personal Safe offer peace of mind and keep your cell phone, money, keys, jewelry, credit cards and other small valuables locked and secure while you take a walk on the beach, dip into the pool or enjoy an adventure of any kind. The compact and versatile safes feature a durable cable, which can be wrapped securely around a fixed object or serve as a carrying handle.
5. Limit Social Media – While it’s appealing to share details of your vacation via social networks, this could make you a target for cyber-savvy burglars. Publically posting the dates of your trip or sharing check-ins and photos tagging your location creates a security risk to your home. Instead of posting in real-time, capture moments and photos and share via one photo album or video once you return from your trip.
One person will win a SentrySafe Small Portable Combination Safe.
*This is a Rafflecopter giveaway open to residents of the USA.*
a Rafflecopter giveaway