Turn your frown upside down. Don't let anyone rain on your parade today. Show off your smile and make yourself happy.
I haven't felt very happy lately (that's a post for another day) so I'm going to make it a point to look around and make a mental note of all the things that generally bring me happiness. Here are just a few:
1. My Husband - That guy deserves a medal. He's been through so much with me and sticks through it all. His humor and caring attitude definitely help uplift my spirits.
2. My Kids - They're all teens and above now. I've been super lucky to have kids that still want to hang around with their parents. They haven't deemed us to be "uncool", yet.
3. Jesus - The Almighty is my Redeemer and my Rock. He brings me things all the time to be happy about. It's just up to me to allow that happiness to not be overcome with cynicism and sadness.
4. My Small Group - Hanging out with these peeps usually cheers me up and it's hard not to be happy around them. They've shown me the true meaning of friendship, and the true meaning of being there for someone.
5. My Home - We've been in our new place for only a month and I'm so much more comfortable there. It's smaller but much homier. And there's a lot less to clean. The screened-in porch, in particular, allows me needed quiet time and gets me outdoors more often.
6. My Blog Readers - My blog has been going strong for seven years now. It's through my blog that I've come to know some pretty cool people. I may not have personally met every one who's touched my life, but the kind words and support definitely don't go unnoticed.
What are some things that make you happy?