From one blog to another, I happened to come across From This Side of the Pond. Every Wednesday she posts a link-up of a series of questions. Sounded fun, so thought I'd join in with Wednesday Hodgepodge.
1. Thursday (September 22) is the first official day of autumn in this part of the world...how will you welcome the season? I know some of you have been celebrating way too early, but it's official now so permission granted. House Beautiful recently listed ten ways to make your home smell like fall (you can read the list here) What's a scent you love this time of year and how will you add it to your home?
Answer: Autumn is my favorite time of year. Bring it on! The temps here are still somewhat high, so it doesn't feel like Fall yet. I'm celebrating the new season by hosting an End of Summer Soiree this Saturday. It's going to be a gathering of family and friends, with lots of food.
2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? Apple cake or pumpkin bread? Warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte?
Answer: It's a toss-up. I really like both apple and pumpkin. My mother's pumpkin pie was the absolute best, and I'll miss having any this year.
3. Do you occasionally suffer from what's sometimes referred to as an afternoon slump? What helps ward it off before it hits and/or tell us what helps you shake it off once it's here?
Answer: I get groggy around 8 pm every night and usually require an hour nap before going in to work. It refreshes me, and I'm not near as grumpy.
4. Ladies-how have your friendships with women inspired you or made you a better person? For the men here today- how have your friendships with men inspired you or made you a better person?
Answer: It takes a lot for me to fully trust anyone, or to fully consider someone a friend. I have a "trust wall" that takes some time to break down. I have a great circle of gal pals in my Small Group that I've come to know and trust. They've seen me in my most recent dark days, and they've stuck by me. Guess that means they're keepers!
5. Are you a people pleaser? If you said yes, do you think that's a good or bad thing? If you said no, do you wish you were more of a people pleaser?
Answer: I enjoy pleasing people if I know and like them. I'm very generous with my time and resources. But, I don't go all out to make people like me. If you don't realize how awesome I am, I'm not gonna die trying. I can walk away from a friendship about as quick as I got into it, if that's what it comes down to.
6. The seasons are a-changin'...share a favorite song relating in some way to change (not necessarily seasonal change, it could be change of any kind).
Answer: Um, sorry. I can't think of one right now.
7. What do you wish would never change?
Answer: Believe it or not, nothing! Change is inevitable. Not much I can do with it but go with the flow and see where it leads me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Answer: All around a pig's arse is pork!
Are you excited about Fall?
Apple or Pumpkin: What's your pick?
Are you a people pleaser?